From: jaybee on
This important update has caused a problem with Excel files that I have
password protected in that when I try to save changes I get a file sharing
violation. Removing the update gets them opening and saving OK.

With the update installed, removing the password protection allows changes
to be saved.

Anyone found tis problem and how do I notify Microsoft?
--
jaybee
From: Lone Star on
I can't answer your question, but........ I was also offered KB 980248
today but I refused. I will never use Office 2010 and see no need for this
"important" update, unless I'm missing something here. Am I?

Good luck with your files...

EW

From: Harry Johnston [MVP] on
On 2010-04-30 3:00 a.m., jaybee wrote:

> This important update has caused a problem with Excel files that I have
> password protected in that when I try to save changes I get a file sharing
> violation. Removing the update gets them opening and saving OK.
>
> With the update installed, removing the password protection allows changes
> to be saved.
>
> Anyone found tis problem and how do I notify Microsoft?

If anybody here is in on the Office 2010 beta, perhaps that would provide a
venue for chasing up this issue. (Seeing as the update in question is
specifically to provide support for Office 2010.)

Harry.

--
Harry Johnston
http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com
From: Chris S. on

"Harry Johnston [MVP]" <harry(a)scms.waikato.ac.nz> wrote in message
> On 2010-04-30 3:00 a.m., jaybee wrote:
>
>> This important update has caused a problem with Excel files that I have
>> password protected in that when I try to save changes I get a file
>> sharing
>> violation. Removing the update gets them opening and saving OK.
>>
>> With the update installed, removing the password protection allows
>> changes
>> to be saved.
>>
>> Anyone found tis problem and how do I notify Microsoft?
>
> If anybody here is in on the Office 2010 beta, perhaps that would provide
> a venue for chasing up this issue. (Seeing as the update in question is
> specifically to provide support for Office 2010.)
>
> Harry.
>
> --
> Harry Johnston
> http://harryjohnston.wordpress.com

Office 2010 Beta is closed. Office 2010 has gone RTM.

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
Duh...