From: Hans-Peter Diettrich on
Sidney Lambe schrieb:

>> Thank goodness we have alternatives.
>
> We sure do. We can be real Linux runners and ignore the corporate
> sellouts who are trying to turn Linux into a clone of Windows
> and run Linux from the command line within the GUI.

Yes, I can run a Linux shell on every OS. If the shell is all you
understand by "Linux", then you seem to have missed something about
operating systems :-(

I'm using a GUI since more than 25 years, and never felt a need for
using a CLI any more. The GUIs of the various OSs are very similar, no
problem in switching from one OS to another one.

DoDi
From: Sidney Lambe on
On comp.os.linux.setup, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1(a)aol.com> wrote:

> Sidney Lambe schrieb:
>
>>> Thank goodness we have alternatives.
>>
>> We sure do. We can be real Linux runners and ignore the
>> corporate sellouts who are trying to turn Linux into a clone
>> of Windows and run Linux from the command line within the GUI.
>
> Yes, I can run a Linux shell on every OS. If the shell is
> all you understand by "Linux", then you seem to have missed
> something about operating systems :-(
>
> I'm using a GUI since more than 25 years, and never felt a need
> for using a CLI any more. The GUIs of the various OSs are very
> similar, no problem in switching from one OS to another one.
>
> DoDi

Hi Dan C/Keith Kellerman/Sam/Aragorn, ad infinitum.

Get a life, you dickless headsick creep.

Sid

From: TJ on
Sidney Lambe wrote:

> Hi Dan C/Keith Kellerman/Sam/Aragorn, ad infinitum.
>
> Get a life, you dickless headsick creep.
>
> Sid

Fascinating. Aragorn, this clueless individual actually thinks you, I,
Dan C., and dozens of other people are all the same person! I never
heard anything so hilarious! Have you?

TJ
--
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;

J.R.R.Tolkien
From: The Natural Philosopher on
TJ wrote:
> Sidney Lambe wrote:
>>
>> Hi Dan C/Keith Kellerman/Sam/Aragorn, ad infinitum.
>>
>> Get a life, you dickless headsick creep.
>>
>> Sid
> Fascinating. Aragorn, this clueless individual actually thinks you, I,
> Dan C., and dozens of other people are all the same person! I never
> heard anything so hilarious! Have you?

Its a fascinating mental condition.

In order to believe that he is right, he must believe that he is in fact
in a large, if silent, majority, and his decriers are, in fact a small
but vociferous minority, preferably of one.

I have much experience of mild paranoia coupled with mental
deterioration. For years my late mother complained that the neighbours
were breaking into her house, and hiding things to irritate her. In fact
her short term memory was going badly, and she herself was hiding things
where the neighbours would not find them.

Self fulfilling prophecies are wonderful things.

The more you tell Sidney what a deluded toss pot he is, the more you
convince him that he is:

(a) important.
(b) being actively oppressed by Dark Powers, Probably Associated with
Commercial Interests.
(c) and therefore, his ideas must be good, for so many people to want to
put him down.

plonk him.

From: Helmut Hullen on
Hallo, Hans-Peter,

Du meintest am 05.10.09:

> Sidney Lambe schrieb:

[trollish]

> Yes, I can run a Linux shell on every OS. If the shell is all you
> understand by "Linux", then you seem to have missed something about
> operating systems :-(

Sidney is one of the well known trolls at least in
"alt.os.linux.slackware".

You shouldn't feed it.

Viele Gruesse
Helmut