From: Avi Kivity on
On 07/13/2010 09:10 AM, Xiao Guangrong wrote:

>> What about the Linux accessed and dirty bits? Need to instantiate the
>> speculative sptes with accessed and dirty bits clear (and later examine
>> them when we release the page).
>>

> I see, will do :-)

This is getting bigger and bigger...

signature is too narrow to contain.

From: Xiao Guangrong on

Avi Kivity wrote:
> On 07/13/2010 09:10 AM, Xiao Guangrong wrote:
>>
>>> What about the Linux accessed and dirty bits? Need to instantiate the
>>> speculative sptes with accessed and dirty bits clear (and later examine
>>> them when we release the page).
>>>

>> I see, will do :-)
>>

> This is getting bigger and bigger...

What are you worry about? or has fault in this way? :-(
From: Avi Kivity on
On 07/13/2010 09:52 AM, Xiao Guangrong wrote:

>>> I see, will do :-)
>>>

>> This is getting bigger and bigger...
>>

> What are you worry about? or has fault in this way? :-(

I'm worried about such changes having unforeseen impact, but that's a
fact of life, we have to live with it.

My other worry is about complexity growing. Every once in a while we
need to refactor things so the code remains readable (like I did with
the fetch() rewrite).

So, keep going, and don't worry about me being worried :)