From: John Johansen on
Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting john.johansen(a)canonical.com (john.johansen(a)canonical.com):
>> From: John Johansen <john.johansen(a)canonical.com>

<< snip >>

>> +config SECURITY_APPARMOR_NETWORK
>> + bool "AppArmor network support"
>> + depends on SECURITY_APPARMOR
>> + default n
>> + help
>> + This enables AppArmor to mediate applications network use.
>> + This will enable the SECURITY_NETWORK hooks.
>
> Is there a compelling reason to have SECURITY_APPARMOR_NETWORK? Does
> it impact performance? Is there older userspace that will just break?

No, not really anymore. There used to be a case where I was building
with network hooks off and this has just been carried forward.

So it can go along with config APPARMOR_24_COMPAT, and I have even
been considering pulling the runtime disable as well as I don't
think there is a case for that either.