Prev: PAM
Next: 2nd hard drive
From: abhijeet.sane on
Hi ,

I am using Kmail as my E-Mail client. I find that on slackware LDAP
supoprt for address book is missing.

Can some one tell me how to configure it.
when ever i try to configure the LDAP in the address book , i get a
error regarding kio-slave failure.

Please tell me if i have done something wrong.

regards
Abhijeet Sane

From: Eric Hameleers on
abhijeet.sane(a)gmail.com wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I am using Kmail as my E-Mail client. I find that on slackware LDAP
> supoprt for address book is missing.
>
> Can some one tell me how to configure it.
> when ever i try to configure the LDAP in the address book , i get a
> error regarding kio-slave failure.
>
> Please tell me if i have done something wrong.
>
> regards
> Abhijeet Sane

Solution: Install Slackware 11.0 when it comes out (or be brave and
install slackware-current). LDAP support has been added recently.
Adding LDAP support to your Slackware 10.2 or earlier installation
would be useless, since it requires a re-compiling of a whole lot of
stuff.

Eric

--
Eric Hameleers
Gpg fingerprint: F2CE 1B92 EE1F 2C0C E97E 581E 5E56 AAAF A75C BDA0

Pages: 1
Prev: PAM
Next: 2nd hard drive