From: Here In Oregon on
"Because when the plastic battery holder broke and I knew I had a lot of
figuring out to do, I told my wife to pretend we are on the Starship
Enterprise or on some space station and the only way to get back to earth
like Major Tom was if we could pull this off in a few hours or we will be
out of oxygen"

Read below for more of the bloody and gory details and the ending.
Rated R
For mature audiences only!

So my twenty year old Korg M1's battery finally needs to be replaced. The
same battery that I have in my recently purchased pedometer. You know the
classic CR2032.

So last week I take off the complete bottom, unscrew one of the circuit
boards, unplug some wiring harnesses, and go to remove the battery ever so
gently but the plastic battery holder broke so I soldered the battery to its
contact points while pushing and holding it into place.

Now I have no sounds, nada, and I knew this would happen so I downloaded
MIDIOX, and Korgs original factory sounds.
I had to set up the Korg in a bunch of ways so as to receive SysEx
information and I had to set up MIDIOX in a bunch of ways to make the data
transfer.

I hooked up my MIDI cable out from my GigaDAW RME 9632 to the M1 and voila.

A few years ago I was gonna dump this keyboard for almost nothing because I
hardly ever use it but a little voice inside me told me to keep it and just
recently discovered it has almost tripled in value from what is was like
four years ago and was the best selling keyboard of all time.

I remember programming and recording whole songs on this baby and then
dumping the songs down to my Tascam 388 Studio 8 and adding my guitars and
vocals.

So why am I really writing this drivel? Because when the plastic battery
holder broke and I knew I had a lot of figuring out to do, I told my wife to
pretend we are on the Starship Enterprise or on some space station and the
only way to get back to earth like Major Tom was if we could pull this off
in a few hours or we will be out of oxygen. We are back on earth and cheers
to the next twenty years.

Happy ending and everyone is alive.