From: Teknyske on
The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20, 12.2"-screen) is
defective.
The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.

I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes for
this:
1) Broken CCFL light bulb
3) Broken inverter

I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness +- 2
mm).

The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
- Mouser Electronics
http://www.mouser.com/
- Digi-Key
http://digi-key.com/

=> In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some Europe-based
(Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to end-users.

Any suggestions ?

Many thanks in advance !

Teknyske

From: Jerry G. on
I would not know about Europe. But, these are normally replaced together.
When you look at the shipping costs for these items separately, it will pay
to have them both shipped as one order.

--

Jerry G.
======

From: Dennis Pogson on
Teknyske wrote:
> The backlight of my laptop's LCD-screen (IBM Thinkpad X20,
> 12.2"-screen) is defective.
> The image is still displayed correctly although very faintly.
>
> I did some research and found out that there are two possible causes
> for this:
> 1) Broken CCFL light bulb
> 3) Broken inverter
>
> I will start by replacing the light bulb (length +- 250 mm, thickness
> +- 2 mm).
>
> The following two USA-based (web)shops are selling these components:
> - Mouser Electronics
> http://www.mouser.com/
> - Digi-Key
> http://digi-key.com/
>
> => In order to avoid high shipping costs, I am looking for some
> Europe-based (Belgian ?) (web)shops that sell these bulbs to
> end-users.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Many thanks in advance !
>
> Teknyske

You could try www.clonesuk.com

Dennis.

--
Satellite photocharts of the UK & Ireland
available, excellent detail and accurate

From: John Smith on

http://www.backlight4you.com/
From: TomC on
Also consider www.allelectronics.com .