From: Jim Howell on
Hi,
We are currently switching to LDAP routing via Sendmail. We
currently allow users to forward their email to multiple accounts. It
appears that the mailRoutingAddress attribute is a single value
attribute and can only forward to one account. How could I setup
forwarding to multiple accounts? Thanks..
Jim Howell
From: Grant Taylor on
On 07/07/10 14:38, Jim Howell wrote:
> We are currently switching to LDAP routing via Sendmail. We
> currently allow users to forward their email to multiple accounts. It
> appears that the mailRoutingAddress attribute is a single value
> attribute and can only forward to one account. How could I setup
> forwarding to multiple accounts? Thanks..

It is my (mis)understanding (I've never used LDAP routing) that LDAP
routing is (primarily) used for inbound email routing. At least in such
as to what internal server should the message be routed to.

With this in mind, can't you continue using .forward files on individual
servers? I would think that LDAP routing would get the mail to the
proper internal server that would then forward the message on out to any
number of destinations like you are currently doing.

Grant. . . .
From: Jim Howell on
Hi,
Yes, these are primarily for inbound email to be forwarded to
where the user wants it to go. Users don't have accounts on the servers
so a .forward isn't viable.
Jim

From: Grant Taylor on
On 07/07/10 15:33, Jim Howell wrote:
> Hi,

*wave*

> Yes, these are primarily for inbound email to be forwarded to where
> the user wants it to go. Users don't have accounts on the servers so
> a .forward isn't viable.

If you don't have an account / .forward file, how are you doing your
forwarding now?

Grant. . . .
From: Andrzej Adam Filip on
Jim Howell <jwh2(a)cornell.edu> wrote:
> Grant Taylor wrote:
>> On 07/07/10 14:38, Jim Howell wrote:
>>> We are currently switching to LDAP routing via Sendmail. We
>>> currently allow users to forward their email to multiple accounts.
>>> It appears that the mailRoutingAddress attribute is a single value
>>> attribute and can only forward to one account. How could I setup
>>> forwarding to multiple accounts? Thanks..
>>
>> It is my (mis)understanding (I've never used LDAP routing) that LDAP
>> routing is (primarily) used for inbound email routing. At least in
>> such as to what internal server should the message be routed to.
>>
>> With this in mind, can't you continue using .forward files on
>> individual servers? I would think that LDAP routing would get the
>> mail to the proper internal server that would then forward the
>> message on out to any number of destinations like you are currently
>> doing.
>
> Yes, these are primarily for inbound email to be forwarded to
> where the user wants it to go. Users don't have accounts on the
> servers so a .forward isn't viable.

Which POP/IMAP server do you use?

Have you considered using POP/IMAP server with sieve scripts support?
[ e.g. Cyrus or Dovecot ]
It should allow users to select multiple forwarding addresses themselves.

--
[pl>en Andrew] Andrzej Adam Filip : anfi(a)onet.eu : Andrzej.Filip(a)gmail.com
http://open-sendmail.sourceforge.net/ http://anfi.homeunix.org/