From: abajan on
Dear ken
thank you for your attention .
As you said this is right thing that I need .
do you have any solution for it .
Best regards
A.Jafry

From: Ken Moffett on
Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote in

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 00:20:33 GMT, Ken Moffett <KMoffet(a)mn.rr.com>
> wrote:
>
>>"abajan" <abdolahj(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1150872573.829638.176200
>>@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com:
>>

>>> Adelec Bakkal ????? ???:
>>this:

>>simple

>>You
comparator.Let's

>>way
>>level
>>you
>>the

>>> Dear friend ;
>>>
>>> Thank you very much for your answer ;
>>> I used your idea and got good result
>>> Now I want advanced this circuit as I explain
>>> Imagine we want this circuit work in darkness and brightness
>>> automatically !
>>> I mean when we change to sun light for example it can auto calibrate
>>> ref voltage .
>>> I explain more :
>>> In my project I use a laser beam that incidence to LDR and then I
>>> want detect it in op-amp output but
>>> it must work in room environment with normal light and sun light
>>> automatically without any adjust of potentiometer .
>>> in fact it must determine thresholds of voltage in both
environment
>>> .is it possible or no ?
>>> I think I need a auto adjust voltage changer that can make threshold
>>> voltage
>>> May you help me ?
>>> Thank you and I'm sorry for my poor English
>>> A.jafry
>>>

>>A. Jafry,
>>
>>I think I understand what you are trying to do. You are trying to
>>distinguish when a laser beam touches your LDR in either sun or low
>>light conditions. You are looking for the "change" form a background
>>light condition. Is this correct?
>>
>>Ken
>
> Modulate the laser, then AC-couple (and/or DC-restore) the receiver.
>
> ...Jim Thompson

Jim,

That's the way I was thinking, but without the modulation of the beam.

LDR and resistor as a voltage divider. Capacitively couple the juntion
of the LDR and resistor to a high gain opamp. Only rapid voltage changes
would be coupled to the amp. This would also assume a relatively stable
or slowly changing light environment, with changes in the laser hitting
the LDR as the major event. I did this once with an array of 8 IR
phototransistors (and IR LRDs) all capacitor coupled to one opamp. I was
trying to detect the daily activity of 3mm to 5mm blind cave a fish in a
1cm x 1cm x 8cm Plexiglas fish tank. Worked very well. The modulated
beam, though a little more complex, would be better. I guess it would
depend if A. Jafry is able to modulate his laser.

Ken
From: abajan on
Dear ken
tahnk you
you mean connect a capasitor to op-amp input and ldr junction ?
And would you plaese say me which op amp is good for this ?
thanks

From: Ken Moffett on
"abajan" <abdolahj(a)gmail.com> wrote in news:1151040436.998097.212090
@r2g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

> Dear ken
> tahnk you
> you mean connect a capasitor to op-amp input and ldr junction ?
> And would you plaese say me which op amp is good for this ?
> thanks
> Ken Moffett wrote:
>> Jim Thompson <To-Email-Use-The-Envelope-Icon(a)My-Web-Site.com> wrote in

> ource that varies
>> with
>> the

>> comparator.Let's

>> you

>> environment

>> > Modulate the laser, then AC-couple (and/or DC-restore) the receiver.
>> >
>> > ...Jim Thompson
>>
>> Jim,
>>
>> That's the way I was thinking, but without the modulation of the beam.
>>
>> LDR and resistor as a voltage divider. Capacitively couple the juntion
>> of the LDR and resistor to a high gain opamp. Only rapid voltage changes
>> would be coupled to the amp. This would also assume a relatively stable
>> or slowly changing light environment, with changes in the laser hitting
>> the LDR as the major event. I did this once with an array of 8 IR
>> phototransistors (and IR LRDs) all capacitor coupled to one opamp. I was
>> trying to detect the daily activity of 3mm to 5mm blind cave a fish in a
>> 1cm x 1cm x 8cm Plexiglas fish tank. Worked very well. The modulated
>> beam, though a little more complex, would be better. I guess it would
>> depend if A. Jafry is able to modulate his laser.
>>
>> Ken

A. Jafry.

Since this is not a binary compatable newsgroup. I'll send you a sketch of
the schematic to : abdolahj(a)gmail.com
To maintain the detail in the sketch it is a large file (1Mbtye). Let me
know if this a problem.

In the schematic your LDR would replace the Q8 phototransistor. You will
have to experiment with values for C8, R8, and maybe the 100K and 10K
resistors on pin 3 of the opamp.

If you have specific questions email me at <moffett(a)macalester.edu>

From: abajan on
Dear Kenn ;
I have not recive your shematic in gmail yet that you post last time
Would you please send it to harirart(a)yahoo.com
and if possible ziped it to reduce the size
Thank you very much
a.Jafry