From: Nitram on
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could point me towards some decent cell search
algorithms for LTE (timing and frequency synchronization). Any type of
information would be welcome (links to articles, blogs, books etc).
The frequency band included in the cell search would be large (for example
20MHz). Obviously, a sequential search, correlating the ZC sequences by
increment of 15kHz is too expensive. So far, the most useful algorithm I
found is to use CP correlation for coarse time synchronization and the
primary and secondary channels for frequency synchronization and fine time
synchronization. However, I would like to know what other methods are out
there and which ones are considered to be robust enough for actual
implementation.

Thanks,

From: MGolikov on
Most valuable article I've found is 'A Closed Concept for Synchronization
and Cell Search in 3GPP LTE Systems' by Manolakis and etc. You can get it
from IEEE (http://www.ieeexplore.ieee.org)

From: Nitram on
>Most valuable article I've found is 'A Closed Concept for Synchronization
>and Cell Search in 3GPP LTE Systems' by Manolakis and etc. You can get
it
>from IEEE (http://www.ieeexplore.ieee.org)

Thank you so much, I just read it. However, I have yet to understand why
the authors use the S-SCH signal to get the frequency offset of the signal
as opposed to using the P-SCH. I'll try to replicate their experiment in
Matlab to see if I gain more insight.