From: don on

"Sjouke Burry" <burrynulnulfour(a)ppllaanneett.nnll> wrote in message
> That is because it had cooled down and heats up again.
> Repair, before it becomes permanent,
> and takes other circuitry along with it.

You will not believe this........... this morning I turn the laptop on and
now the screen is bright and clear except for a small dark spot on the lower
right edge.............. but I"m going to replace the inverter as soon as
the part comes from ebay............. maybe the inverter contacts just need
cleaning?

From: hiiowa on

I have a similar problem. I did buy a new inverter for my laptop- hp
compaq nx9010 - and replace it with the bad one, however a strange thing
has happened, which is the screen goes bright when I lower it and goes
dark when I open it up. please help.

From: BillW50 on
In news:hiiowa.48hdgu(a)no.email.invalid,
hiiowa typed on Fri, 26 Mar 2010 05:13:59 -0500:
> I have a similar problem. I did buy a new inverter for my laptop- hp
> compaq nx9010 - and replace it with the bad one, however a strange
> thing has happened, which is the screen goes bright when I lower it
> and goes dark when I open it up. please help.

Very strange! That could be the inverter or the motherboard. Maybe you
got a bad inverter. You might find an used one on eBay for around $10 to
$20 and might be worth a shot.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) 1 of 3 - Windows XP SP2