From: Bob Villa on
On Mar 12, 6:09 am, John Doue <notw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 3/12/2010 5:42 AM, BillW50 wrote:
>
> > In
> > Tomasz typed on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:00:26 -0800 (PST):

> >> Yeah, that's not working. It shuts down itself immediately, OS is not
> >> closing. It works like you would immediately cut off power from
> >> notebook.
>
> >> --
> >> Tomasz
>
> > Well then it must be the power regulator circuits on the motherboard
> > unfortunately.
>
> Tomasz,
>
> Bill is probably right. One thing I have not seen you mention is, did
> you try a different battery? Not that the battery appears to be at
> fault, but since the process of charging the battery is involved
> apparently, why not look at all the angles?
>
> --
> John Doue

Yes, John may be on to something...isn't there a chip on those "smart"
batteries...and all those multiple connectors. Could that chip be the
villain here!
From: Tomasz on
On 12 Mar, 13:09, John Doue <notw...(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 3/12/2010 5:42 AM, BillW50 wrote:
>

> > In
> > Tomasz typed on Fri, 12 Mar 2010 02:00:26 -0800 (PST):

> >> Yeah, that's not working. It shuts down itself immediately, OS is not
> >> closing. It works like you would immediately cut off power from
> >> notebook.
>
> >> --
> >> Tomasz
>
> > Well then it must be the power regulator circuits on the motherboard
> > unfortunately.
>
> Tomasz,
>
> Bill is probably right. One thing I have not seen you mention is, did
> you try a different battery? Not that the battery appears to be at
> fault, but since the process of charging the battery is involved
> apparently, why not look at all the angles?

No, it does not matter if battery is plugged, if AC is connected then
notebook shuts down in normal mode. Battery presence does not matter.

--
Tomasy