From: shapper on
Hello,

I created the following layout:
http://www.flyondreams.net/Layout.html

I have two problems:
1. I am not able to clear the floats.
You can see the red borders that are collapsed.
I used divs with Clear class to clear the floats but no success.
I am not sure if I even need the Clear divs ... maybe I should
change my CSS in some other way.

2. On the Title/Description I want both title and description to have
the same anchor.
The objective appearance is exactly the one I have ...
... But I am duplicating the anchors styles and I have an anchor
that wraps everything.
So I am not sure if I am doing this right.
Well at least does not make sense to me to have the anchor code
duplicated.

Could someone give me some advice?

Thanks,
Miguel
From: dorayme on
In article
<cc85890a-4502-4d8e-ab19-0029a00981b6(a)l30g2000yqb.googlegroups.co
m>,
shapper <mdmoura(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I created the following layout:
> http://www.flyondreams.net/Layout.html
>
> I have two problems:
> 1. I am not able to clear the floats.
> You can see the red borders that are collapsed.
> I used divs with Clear class to clear the floats but no success.
> I am not sure if I even need the Clear divs ... maybe I should
> change my CSS in some other way.

You need to style with "overflow: hidden;" (or auto) on the
floated UL. The floated list items are not seen by the UL
container.

You might find it helpful to secretly read some of

<http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/>

Secretly? So you are not obliged to cook for me.

--
dorayme
From: dorayme on
In article
<doraymeRidThis-33E416.07444930012010(a)news.albasani.net>,
dorayme <doraymeRidThis(a)optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> You need to style with "overflow: hidden;" (or auto) on the
> floated UL. The floated list items are not seen by the UL
> container.
>
> You might find it helpful to secretly read some of
>
> <http://netweaver.com.au/floatHouse/>

A sort of typo or a slip of mine: You need to style with
"overflow: hidden;" (or auto) on the UL (the one that has the
floated children)

--
dorayme