From: Paul Rubin on
I just came across this, a python tutorial purportedly intended for
beginning programmers. I only read the first few pages and I'm not
crazy about the approach, but I haven't seen it mentioned here, and some
folks might like it:

http://learnpythonthehardway.org/home
From: Chris Rebert on
On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
> I just came across this, a python tutorial purportedly intended for
> beginning programmers.  I only read the first few pages and I'm not
> crazy about the approach, but I haven't seen it mentioned here, and some
> folks might like it:
>
>  http://learnpythonthehardway.org/home

"By Zed A. Shaw"

Hm...

- Chris
From: Stephen Hansen on
On 7/11/10 10:59 PM, Chris Rebert wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM, Paul Rubin <no.email(a)nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> I just came across this, a python tutorial purportedly intended for
>> beginning programmers. I only read the first few pages and I'm not
>> crazy about the approach, but I haven't seen it mentioned here, and some
>> folks might like it:
>>
>> http://learnpythonthehardway.org/home
>
> "By Zed A. Shaw"
>
> Hm...

Is there some significance to this name that I am unaware? Google points
me to a wikipedia article on a guy who appears involved in both Python
and Ruby. Is there something about him that colors or holds meaning for
his approach?

Just curious.

--

Stephen Hansen