From: Space Ship Traveller on
Hello,

I'm writing a tutorial for beginners, primarily aimed at Teachers and Students.

I've written the following tutorial.

http://www.oriontransfer.co.nz/education/learn-ruby/lesson-0/index

Any feedback would be really really helpful. Thanks to anyone who takes a look.

Any suggestions or feedback would be fantastic - what should I add or remove, what was not clear / etc.

Kind regards,
Samuel

From: Juan Gf on
Space Ship Traveller wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm writing a tutorial for beginners, primarily aimed at Teachers and
> Students.
>
> I've written the following tutorial.
>
> http://www.oriontransfer.co.nz/education/learn-ruby/lesson-0/index
>
> Any feedback would be really really helpful. Thanks to anyone who takes
> a look.
>
> Any suggestions or feedback would be fantastic - what should I add or
> remove, what was not clear / etc.
>
> Kind regards,
> Samuel

Hello,

I think there is a small error in the last example. It's written:
# Do you wear a watch? Ruby can help you out!
puts "The time is: \#{Time.now.to_s}"

I think it should say:

puts "The time is: #{Time.now.to_s}"

From: Space Ship Traveller on
Oh yes, Thanks - I've fixed it :)

From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
> On 24/03/2010, at 11:55 PM, Juan Gf wrote:
>
>> Space Ship Traveller wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I'm writing a tutorial for beginners, primarily aimed at Teachers and
>>> Students.
>>>
>>> I've written the following tutorial.
>>>
>>> http://www.oriontransfer.co.nz/education/learn-ruby/lesson-0/index
>>>
>>> Any feedback would be really really helpful. Thanks to anyone who takes
>>> a look.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions or feedback would be fantastic - what should I add or
>>> remove, what was not clear / etc.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Samuel
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think there is a small error in the last example. It's written:
>>             # Do you wear a watch? Ruby can help you out!
>>             puts "The time is: \#{Time.now.to_s}"
>>
>> I think it should say:
>>
>>             puts "The time is: #{Time.now.to_s}"

I haven't read the tutorial, but this can be written as:

puts "The time is: #{Time.now}"

since string interpolation calls to_s for you.

Jesus.