From: SarahN on
Hi,

I am creating a worksheet that will be completed by a number of people.

I have a date formula

A B C
1 10/02/2010 =A1+7 (17/02/2010)
2 Blank =A2+7 (07/01/1900)

Is there any way to make Cell C2 remain blank until the information in cel
A2 is entered.

I enter a number of furmulas into cells where there is no information being
entered yet as it is a blank worksheet, is there a common way to have the
cells remain empty until the data cells have information in them?

I hope I have not confused anyone.

Thanks for your help in advance

From: FSt1 on
hi
=if(A2="","",A2+7)
or
if a2 is blank then blank else a2+7
the formula will show in the formula bar but the cell on the sheet will be
blank.

regards
FSt1

From: T. Valko on
Try it like this...

=IF(A1="","",A1+7)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

From: SarahN on
Awesome Thanks.

How would this work if I am using NETWORKDAYS in cell C3? Formula

=NETWORKDAYS(A2,A3)-1

Is it the same formula to leave cell C3 blank until the data is entered into
Cells A2 and A3?

Thankyou again.

From: FSt1 on
hi again
yes, it would work the same way.
=if(and(A2="",A3=""),"",networkdays(A2,A3)-1))
or
if both a2 and a3 are blank then blank else do the networkdays formula.

again the formula will show in the formula bar but the cell on the sheet
will be blank untill something is enter in both a2 and a3. it is not a data
qualifer. if you enter something like "oddball" or something that excel
cann't interpet as a date then the result will be the #value error.

regards
FSt1