From: AJ on
I am trying to pull certain characters based on a criteria for the third
position character.

In Column A, I could have a code such as BB11 or a Code such as BMR2. If
the third position character is a number then I only want to pull the first 2
digits BB but if the third position character is a letter, then I would like
to pull the first 3 characters BMR.

Can anyone help?

--
AJ