From: KCB on

"me" <noemail(a)nothere.com> wrote in message
> I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
>
> Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
> the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
> driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
> a lot in there.
>
> Opinions wanted

IMHO, if the driver you are using works for whatever you use it, then stick
with it. (If it's not broke, don't fix it.)

From: Benjamin Gawert on
Am 17.05.2010 23:19, * me:
> I'm running a 9800 XT on a couple machines.
>
> Should I stick with the driver that came with the cards, or install
> the latest "Legacy" drivers from AMD/ATI? I'm suspicious of the Legacy
> driver package since it covers so many cards, but hey... maybe there's
> a lot in there.

I'd go with the latest legacy drivers as new driver updates come out
because of bug fixes and performance improvements, and the drivers that
come with gfx cards are usually ancient.

Benjamin