From: Adriano Mosley on
I defined on top of the html source code of a web page an <iframe>.
After the iframe lots of text lines are following (see below).

Unfortunately the text starts BELOW (the lower frame line of) the <iframe>.
How can I achieve that the text starts right of the iframe and "flow" around the iframe?

Adriano

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD html 4.01//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd">
<head>
<link href="test.css" type="text/css" rel=stylesheet>
</head>
<iframe width="200" height="300">some iframe text</iframe>
lots of text lines

From: Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn on
Adriano Mosley wrote:

> I defined on top of the html source code of a web page an <iframe>.
> After the iframe lots of text lines are following (see below).
>
> Unfortunately the text starts BELOW (the lower frame line of) the
> <iframe>.

Works as designed.

> How can I achieve that the text starts right of the iframe and
> "flow" around the iframe?

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visuren.html#floats>

You want to avoid (i)frames, though.

> <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD html 4.01//EN"
> "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/strict.dtd"> <html>
> [...]

Valid markup would help a lot, too.

<http://validator.w3.org/>