From: Sanny on
Until now I used to agree that Speed of light is constant = "C" As it
has been seen by experiments.

But a few minutes back I got an idea.

1. Light is a wave. It is a sine wave with Magnetic & Electric fields
orthogonal.

Since a Sine wave is a curve.

The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
longer if you go up and down in curves.

Lets imagine a light wave with amplitude "x" and wavelength "w"

Now we say light travels a distance of Wavelength "w" at speed of "C"

But since sine wave is a curve the perimeter of movement is larger
than the wavelength.

When we increase the frequency of light the parameter enlarges even
further as the amplitude has risen.

So higher frequency light has to travel a longer distance. As the sine
curve is more enlongated away from center.

So Light wave moves up and down at a speed faster than "C"

Now we assume another case an Electron is fired at speed of "c" The
electron too travel like a wave. So electron will go up and down in
sine wave.

So reality is speed of electron is more than "c" As the sine wave is
curved.

I hope my analogy is understood by all. If not let me try to speak in
more detail.

So an electron/ Light travelling at speed "c" is actually moving
faster than "c" as it goes up and down the sine curves.

The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
longer if you go up and down in curves.

So if an electron is moving at speed "c" It is actually moving faster
than "c"

Bye
Sanny

Chat with Computer: http://www.GetClub.com/ Version 2.0

From: mpalenik on
On Feb 6, 12:06 pm, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> Until now I used to agree that Speed of light is constant = "C" As it
> has been seen by experiments.
>
> But a few minutes back I got an idea.
>
> 1. Light is a wave. It is a sine wave with Magnetic & Electric fields
> orthogonal.
>
> Since a Sine wave is a curve.
>
> The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
> longer if you go up and down in curves.

When it is said that light is a wave, it doesn't mean that it travel
along a sinusoidal path. It means that the field strength varies
sinusoidally, meaning the electric and magnetic fields get stronger
and weaker over space. It has nothing to do with the path that light
follows (which is a straight line).
From: BURT on
On Feb 6, 9:08 am, mpalenik <markpale...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 12:06 pm, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Until now I used to agree that Speed of light is constant = "C" As it
> > has been seen by experiments.
>
> > But a few minutes back I got an idea.
>
> > 1. Light is a wave. It is a sine wave with Magnetic & Electric fields
> > orthogonal.
>
> > Since a Sine wave is a curve.
>
> > The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
> > longer if you go up and down in curves.
>
> When it is said that light is a wave, it doesn't mean that it travel
> along a sinusoidal path.  It means that the field strength varies
> sinusoidally, meaning the electric and magnetic fields get stronger
> and weaker over space.  It has nothing to do with the path that light
> follows (which is a straight line).

The light wave is pushed and flows through space-time.

Mitch Raemsch
From: Sanny on
> > 1. Light is a wave. It is a sine wave with Magnetic & Electric fields
> > orthogonal.
>
> > Since a Sine wave is a curve.
>
> > The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
> > longer if you go up and down in curves.

===

> When it is said that light is a wave, it doesn't mean that it travel
> along a sinusoidal path.  It means that the field strength varies
> sinusoidally, meaning the electric and magnetic fields get stronger
> and weaker over space.  It has nothing to do with the path that light
> follows (which is a straight line).

Light is actually photons. and photons follow a sinusoidally path. So
when we enlarge the picture

Say photon moving from one wavelength to other it is following a
curve. Higher the frequency the higher junps the photon will make.

Same with electrons. Electrons will jump higher when higher frequency.

From: mpalenik on
On Feb 6, 12:17 pm, Sanny <softtank...(a)hotmail.com> wrote:
> > > 1. Light is a wave. It is a sine wave with Magnetic & Electric fields
> > > orthogonal.
>
> > > Since a Sine wave is a curve.
>
> > > The shortest distance between two points is straight line. It takes
> > > longer if you go up and down in curves.
>
> ===
>
> > When it is said that light is a wave, it doesn't mean that it travel
> > along a sinusoidal path.  It means that the field strength varies
> > sinusoidally, meaning the electric and magnetic fields get stronger
> > and weaker over space.  It has nothing to do with the path that light
> > follows (which is a straight line).
>
> Light is actually photons.

This is correct.

>and photons follow a sinusoidally path.