From: Michel Talon on
O. Hartmann wrote:

> 2009-09-03 19:47:49: (mod_fastcgi.c.1742) connect failed: Connection
> refused on unix:/tmp/lighttpd-fastcgi-php.socket-7

Have you checked the permissions? I seem to remember i had the same
problem once with lighttpd and it was because permissions of the
socket under /tmp. Now my server works OK since ages. I had to
take provisions for permissions in the fastcgi python responder. In my case
the relevant bits are when daemonizing the responder:
pid = os.fork()
if pid > 0 : # In first child
import time
time.sleep(3)
while not os.access(socket, os.F_OK) :
time.sleep(1)
# the socket created by the child is made accessible to the web
# server
os.chown(socket, wwwuid, wwwgid)
os.chmod(socket, 0700)
sys.exit(0) # Exit first child

While still being root i adjust the permissions of the socket. Then
i change effective userid:

# And finally the routine which starts the fcgi responder, as user www
os.seteuid(wwwuid)
WSGIServer(request_handler, **wsgi_opts).run()

The complete script you can get at:
http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/show_index.fcgi
It is a simpler server than for example django if you want to understand
fastcgi. By the way the aim is to display the FreeBSD ports trough
a fastcgi responder.

--

Michel TALON

Michel Talon wrote:
> O. Hartmann wrote:
>
>> 2009-09-03 19:47:49: (mod_fastcgi.c.1742) connect failed: Connection
>> refused on unix:/tmp/lighttpd-fastcgi-php.socket-7
>
> Have you checked the permissions? I seem to remember i had the same
> problem once with lighttpd and it was because permissions of the
> socket under /tmp. Now my server works OK since ages. I had to
> take provisions for permissions in the fastcgi python responder. In my case
> the relevant bits are when daemonizing the responder:
> pid = os.fork()
> if pid > 0 : # In first child
> import time
> time.sleep(3)
> while not os.access(socket, os.F_OK) :
> time.sleep(1)
> # the socket created by the child is made accessible to the web
> # server
> os.chown(socket, wwwuid, wwwgid)
> os.chmod(socket, 0700)
> sys.exit(0) # Exit first child
>
> While still being root i adjust the permissions of the socket. Then
> i change effective userid:

> # And finally the routine which starts the fcgi responder, as user www
> os.seteuid(wwwuid)
> WSGIServer(request_handler, **wsgi_opts).run()
>
> The complete script you can get at:
> http://www.lpthe.jussieu.fr/~talon/show_index.fcgi
> It is a simpler server than for example django if you want to understand
> fastcgi. By the way the aim is to display the FreeBSD ports trough
> a fastcgi responder.

The problem seems to be APC related. I deinstalled php5-APC port,
deleted the appropriate line in /usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini and
recompiled mediawiki, which has an option to use php-APC, without it.
That solved the problem for me.

Thanks,
Oliver