From: Ralph Kramden on
I am working with a 25,000 row parts issue listing that was created by parts
issue date. There are many repeat numbers in the part number column as the
same part would have been issued on several different dates. I would like to
be able to combine the like part numbers to know how many parts were issued
over the course of all of the dates. Any ideas??? The Column headers are
Part Number, Quantity, Unit Price, Total Price and Transaction Date.
From: RonaldoOneNil on
Create a new query based on your parts issue listiong table. Drag the Part
number field into the query grid twice. Click on the Totals button, (the
greek sigma icon on the toolbar). Leave the first part number in your query
as Group By, but change the 2nd one to count. Run the query.

From: KARL DEWEY on
Try this --
SELECT [Part Number], Sum([Quantity]) AS Total
FROM YourTable
WHERE [Transaction Date] Between CVDate([Enter start date]) AND
CVDate([Enter end date])
GROUP BY [Part Number];

--
Build a little, test a little.

From: KenSheridan via AccessMonster.com on
To get the total of all quantities per part issued you need to group the
query by Part Number and Sum the Quantity column. In SQL it would look like
this:

SELECT [Part Number], SUM([Quantity]) AS [Number Issued]
FROM [YourTableNameGoesHere]
GROUP BY [Part Number];

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

From: Ralph Kramden on
Great Infomation!!! You guys really make it seem so simple. Thanks for
information!!!!