From: RAIDSpay on

Okay guys. There's lots of things in here that I have to take in. To
the person asking if there was an anitvirus on the PC when the infection
happened. Yes, there was. McAfee was on the PC and uninstalled McAfee
before upgrading to SP3. As we speak, Live Symantec Update is on the PC
and also Microsoft AntiSpyware is on the PC as well.

As for the person saying I should check to see if the file is present.
I don't even know how to get to the folder. One time though I did
search the problem and I was instructed with similar advice and I ran
across a bunch of afd files on my system but I wasn't sure if any of the
files were corrupt or not or what I was even looking for. As for the
recopying the AFD files onto the PC, how do you do that? Forgive me a
bit because my knowledge with PC's only go so far. If you can walk me
through the process, I'd be very greatful.:)

Also as for scannow it sounds like a good program but I didn't see any
trial version or anything on their site.

HELP! I don't know where to go from here! The last thing I want to do
is a clean install. I don't even have the appropriate XP disc to do
that.

From: smlunatick on
On Jul 27, 9:43 pm, RAIDSpay <RAIDSpay.4et...(a)no.email.invalid> wrote:
> Okay guys. There's lots of things in here that I have to take in.  To
> the person asking if there was an anitvirus on the PC when the infection
> happened.  Yes, there was.  McAfee was on the PC and uninstalled McAfee
> before upgrading to SP3.  As we speak, Live Symantec Update is on the PC
> and also Microsoft AntiSpyware is on the PC as well.
>
> As for the person saying I should check to see if the file is present.
> I don't even know how to get to the folder.  One time though I did
> search the problem and I was instructed with similar advice and I ran
> across a bunch of afd files on my system but I wasn't sure if any of the
> files were corrupt or not or what I was even looking for.  As for the
> recopying the AFD files onto the PC, how do you do that? Forgive me a
> bit because my knowledge with PC's only go so far.  If you can walk me
> through the process, I'd be very greatful.:)
>
> Also as for scannow it sounds like a good program but I didn't see any
> trial version or anything on their site.
>
> HELP! I don't know where to go from here! The last thing I want to do
> is a clean install.  I don't even have the appropriate XP disc to do
> that.

Live Symantec Update is not an anti-virus

Microsoft AntiSpyware is "obsolete." Replaced with Security
Essentials.