From: mziskandar on
I prefer Lingo over js in Director..
1. Examples - a lot on the web.
2. Easier to learn - from the examples.
3. Performance - maybe its the same - It will depend on your code - learn from
the examples.
4. Support/troubleshooting - almost all seniors in Director using Lingo.

From: alchemist on
Good points, mziskandar.
> 2. Easier to learn
I doubt that many languages with similar functionality can claim to be
easier
than lingo. None that I know of, at least.

> 3. Performance
Director was built for lingo. Therefore, internally, even though for certain
functions js could settle with less arguments (since it won't use them all,
anyway) leading to faster execution speed, space for all arguments is
allocated, as required for lingo. That's the case with Xtras, so I'd bet it
is also the case with native objects.

From: Professor on
I have been coding with Lingo since the mid 90s and would like to learn
more JavaScript, but just find it too difficult. I would like to do
more with Flash as well, but find it way to difficult. Director and
Lingo is so much easier and there are a lot of examples to learn from.
When I look at JavaScript examples, I have a great deal of difficulty
understanding them. The object orientation is powerful, and if you
understand C++ and other complicated languages like that, JavaScript is
easier to pick up. Unfortunately, when I see functions with (this) in
them, I have trouble following what's going on. So, thank god for Lingo
- it sure makes life a lot easier for people to learn scripting that are
not professional C++ programmers.
From: fazstp on
I started to dabble in Javascript because it does have some useful functions that are hard to replicate in Lingo but I got scared off when a try-catch bug crapped out my data.