From: Leonidas . on
Hi folks,

Is it possible to wrap module entry points like open/close during the
module compilation?
By wrapping, I mean interposing using linker --wrap option. This is
very much possible in
user space and is commonly used to interpose library functions.

E.g.

void *
__wrap_malloc (int c)
{
printf ("malloc called with %ld\n", c);
return __real_malloc (c);
}

int main()
{
malloc(17);
return 0;
}

Above works expected, can we wrap kmalloc this way?

-Leo.
From: Leonidas . on
Couple more questions:

1. How does the dynamic linking/loading happen in kernel? What is the
equivalent of ld-linux.so in kernel space?

Any pointer will be helpful

-Leo

--

-Leo.
From: Arjan van de Ven on
On Sun, 9 May 2010 12:21:35 +0530
"Leonidas ." <leonidas137(a)gmail.com> wrote:

> Couple more questions:
>
> 1. How does the dynamic linking/loading happen in kernel? What is the
> equivalent of ld-linux.so in kernel space?

lkml is not rootkit-help-for-free ;-)

From: Leonidas . on

> lkml is not rootkit-help-for-free ;-)

I promise that I am not going to write a root kit :-). But you gave me
a good start, I will
have to check some of the root kits in order to see how things happen there.

Actually, I want to see similarities between user space way of
linking/loading compared to
kernel space. Have not been able to figure out completely yet at
conceptual level. I have
gone through module.c file and insmod utility.

Any pointers to earlier such attempts would be helpful.

-Leo.