From: JimR on
I have linked two worksheets from different workbooks and I noticed that when
I enter text into a cell, only a portion of the text appears in the worksheet
linked to it. Have I missed a critical setting or is there a small limit to
the amount of text I can use?
--
JimR
From: Dave Peterson on
If the sending workbook is closed, then the receiving cell in the open workbook
will only show 256 characters.

If you open the sending workbook (and recalc if necessary), you'll see the long
strings.

--

Dave Peterson
From: Dave Peterson on
Make that 255 characters...

--

Dave Peterson
From: trip_to_tokyo on
Have you tried making the column wider?

If my comment has helped please hit Yes.

Thanks.