From: Pat on
I have 2 databases, one is just a front for the user's to enter data
(all tables are linked tables). The another database has the data.
We have just noticed that the record counts that show in the one
database are different in the another database. I don't understand
how that could be possible because it's a linked table. Example:
CaseData (the data entry database) which has linked table CaseName has
2310 records, but the actual SaveData database has the linked table
CaseName with 2246 records. This happens for all the linked tables in
both databases. The actual SaveData database has missing records in
it. It's like since Dec2009, nothing has gone over to the SaveData
database. If anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Thanks, Pat
From: Marco Pagliero on
On 12 Mai, 19:51, Pat <hawaii...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> I have 2 databases, one is just a front for the user's to enter data
> (all tables are linked tables).  The another database has the data.
> We have just noticed that the record counts that show in the one
> database are different in the another database.  I don't understand
> how that could be possible because it's a linked table.  Example:
> CaseData (the data entry database) which has linked table CaseName has
> 2310 records, but the actual SaveData database has the linked table
> CaseName with 2246 records.  This happens for all the linked tables in
> both databases.  The actual SaveData database has missing records in
> it.  It's like since Dec2009, nothing has gone over to the SaveData
> database.  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.  Thanks, Pat

The mystery are not the missing records in SaveData but the extra
records in CaseData. They have to be somewhere, right?
My first suspicion would be that the link in CaseData points to some
other file than the SaveData you believe it points to. Maybe a file
with the right name but on the wrong drive or folder.

If it is not so, please post again.

Regards
Marco P

From: Pat on
On May 14, 7:38 am, Marco Pagliero <mart...(a)web.de> wrote:
> On 12 Mai, 19:51, Pat <hawaii...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have 2 databases, one is just a front for the user's to enter data
> > (all tables are linked tables).  The another database has the data.
> > We have just noticed that the record counts that show in the one
> > database are different in the another database.  I don't understand
> > how that could be possible because it's a linked table.  Example:
> > CaseData (the data entry database) which has linked table CaseName has
> > 2310 records, but the actual SaveData database has the linked table
> > CaseName with 2246 records.  This happens for all the linked tables in
> > both databases.  The actual SaveData database has missing records in
> > it.  It's like since Dec2009, nothing has gone over to the SaveData
> > database.  If anyone can help, I would appreciate it.  Thanks, Pat
>
> The mystery are not the missing records in SaveData but the extra
> records in CaseData. They have to be somewhere, right?
> My first suspicion would be that the link in CaseData points to some
> other file than the SaveData you believe it points to. Maybe a file
> with the right name but on the wrong drive or folder.
>
> If it is not so, please post again.
>
> Regards
> Marco P

I checked the link and it's pointing to the right file. We noticed
that we have a deleted record in CaseData database, CaseName table. I
can't delete it, it keeps coming back. I am now in the process of
trying to repair or recover the data.
I think it wipe out another data and somehow corrupted the link. Pat