From: Michael on
Hi, I have an unusual problem using Excel 2007. I have a file that is linked
to another file on a network.

I'll call them master file which is linked to the linkfile.

Sometimes, when I open linked file and then open masterfile and then edit
links in masterfile and check status it says "ok" instead of "file open" and
the valuies are not the latest numbers.

I have checked to make sure that there is not another copy of the file
somewhere.

If I then change source and relink the file everything works file.

Alternatively, if I close the linked file and then re-open it using the
recently used file list (to make sure I am opening the same file that I have
just closed) then check status and it is now saying file open and the values
are now updated.

Has anyone come across this before and anyone got any ideas as to what is
happening please?