From: Skirk on
I have a new problem that's come up after upgrading to Office 2007.

I am linking my reporting workbook to the daily workbook that is updated by
someone else. The cells I am linking to are merged cells. When I insert the
link I get... ='[0203 Company 2.xls]Day'!$J$5:$J$6 which results in a
#VALUE error unless I remove the last part of the formula (:$J$6).

Any ideas on how to get around this? It's taking me twice as long to set up
my links now. THANKS!!!!

From: Gord Dibben on
You cannot link to a range in that manner, only a single cell link is legal.

=J5:J6 will always give an error...........no matter which version of
Excel you use.

=SUM(J5:J6) is legal

But J5 and J6 were merged so you no longer have a J6

Only have J5 remaining so link to it.

=J5

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP