From: zetadublin on

I have this trouble when trying to run a small code I have written.

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _T@8
Debug/Simulated anealing2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals
Error executing link.exe.

Can any one help ?

Thanks
From: Gordon Sande on
On 2010-02-09 10:23:54 -0400, zetadublin <zetamebruke(a)gmail.com> said:

> I have this trouble when trying to run a small code I have written.
>
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _T@8
> Debug/Simulated anealing2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Can any one help ?
>
> Thanks

Zeroeth guess: Who knows because you forgot to mention the compiler, computer,
etc, etc so you can only expect wild guesses at best and unhappy comments about
the lack of any relevant information. You could try a mind reading
newsgroup. ;-)

First guess: You forgot to declare an array name T so the compiler thinks
it is a function which, of course, can not be found.

From: Tim Prince on
On 2/9/2010 6:23 AM, zetadublin wrote:

> I have this trouble when trying to run a small code I have written.
>
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _T@8
> Debug/Simulated anealing2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Can any one help ?

Perhaps if you took the trouble to give more information, you might find
the answer yourself. I guess the following scenario where this might occur:
You are compiling a program under an obsolete Windows-specific linking
convention.
You aren't using facilities such as IMPLICIT NONE to help catch
undeclared/misspelled identifiers.
You put something like t(i) in your source code, inadvertently creating
a function reference.
From: Craig Powers on
zetadublin wrote:
> I have this trouble when trying to run a small code I have written.
>
> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _T@8
> Debug/Simulated anealing2.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
> externals
> Error executing link.exe.
>
> Can any one help ?

The linker is looking for a function or subroutine named T with eight
bytes of arguments (for Fortran, this almost certainly means two
arguments of indeterminate type).

When I encounter this kind of error, it usually indicates an argument
count mismatch, but your mileage may vary; you're the one who knows what
T is actually supposed to be.