From: ps56k on
Had weirdest thing happen today...
Running a Linksys WAP54G - version 3.1 - firmware 3.04

Came home and the WiFi in the house was "not working".
Did some tests, and yup - nothing was associated with the WAP.

OK - did some banging around,
and after doing a "factory defaults" the WAP was working again.
Hmmm... started changing things one item at a time,
and discovered that when I got up to channel 10 or 11
(was config'd for channel 11)
then the WiFi devices would not connect to the AP.

Have you ever seen this -
where the RF section degrades
or something happens at the high freq end,
such that channel 9,10,11 are not working right ?

--
----------------------------------
"If everything seems to be going well,

From: Bob on
On 23/01/2010 00:51, ps56k wrote:
> Had weirdest thing happen today...
> Running a Linksys WAP54G - version 3.1 - firmware 3.04
>
> Came home and the WiFi in the house was "not working".
> Did some tests, and yup - nothing was associated with the WAP.
>
> OK - did some banging around,
> and after doing a "factory defaults" the WAP was working again.
> Hmmm... started changing things one item at a time,
> and discovered that when I got up to channel 10 or 11
> (was config'd for channel 11)
> then the WiFi devices would not connect to the AP.
>
> Have you ever seen this -
> where the RF section degrades
> or something happens at the high freq end,
> such that channel 9,10,11 are not working right ?

Are you sure no one is running a "Video Sender"? Some seem to have one
of their channels around 2.450GHz and although their power output is
normally <10mW it is not unknown for some people to add a 1W amp.