From: n9ejs on
I use Windows Vista Home Basic, and get my internet connection via a
LAN to my son's Linksys BEFSR41 downstairs. I occasionally need to
shut my computer down for a few hours, and I restart it I find my
internet connection is lost. The dianostic error message reads
"Connection unplugged". I would appreciate help with this annoying
problem!

From: RBM on
How do you remedy the problem? Is it possible that there is a bad connection
on one end of the cable?

From: n9ejs on
The remedy is that my son re-boots the Linksys router as I understand
it!

= = = =

From: Jeff Liebermann on
n9ejs <n9ejs(a)yahoo.com> hath wroth:

>The remedy is that my son re-boots the Linksys router as I understand
>it!

Ok, the router hangs. Is your BEFW11S4 a version 4 model? Look on
the serial number tag.

If so, here is some beta firmware that *MIGHT* solve the hangs. No
warranty expressed or implied. Make sure it's a v4 mutation, not one
of the others:
<http://802.11junk.com/jeffl/crud/BEFW11S4v4/v1-52-06/befw11s4_v4_v1.52.06.bin>

Should this convert your BEFW11S4 v4 into a doorstop or smoking ruin,
I'll pretend I never even mentioned it and deny all knowledge. On the
other hand, if it works, I certainly would be interested as I've been
too lazy|busy to try it.

--
Jeff Liebermann jeffl(a)cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com