From: gh on
Will Ling work with MS Access? I have a small web app on MS Access I am
re-creating in VS 2008. I only have a couple of web forms that I
collect data from the users, to store into a couple of tables. They
never retrieve or edit the information. I use a submit and cancel on
the forms from the old site, but it wasn' t created in VS or asp.net.
If I can' t use Linq with MS Access and want to keep using Access what
would be the best way to create a user input form for saving the data to
a table?

Thanks
From: Mr. Arnold on
gh wrote:
> Will Ling work with MS Access? I have a small web app on MS Access I am
> re-creating in VS 2008. I only have a couple of web forms that I
> collect data from the users, to store into a couple of tables. They
> never retrieve or edit the information. I use a submit and cancel on
> the forms from the old site, but it wasn' t created in VS or asp.net. If
> I can' t use Linq with MS Access and want to keep using Access what
> would be the best way to create a user input form for saving the data to
> a table?

MS itself doesn't have a Linq-2-Access solution, but there is a 3rd
party solution that is a Linq-2-Access solution.

http://www.alinq.org/en/default.aspx

<copied>
Enjoy true portability for your application. ALinq support most of the
commercial databases in use such as Microsoft Access Database, Microsoft
SQL Server, Oracle and MySQL, SQLite, Firebird.
<end>