From: Pseudonyme on
Hi all !

Our manager decided to upgrade our server versions, and we are
rewriting a master piece of the files.

Versions we have :

1. Linux version 2.6.18-164.el5 (mockbuild(a)builder16.centos.org) (gcc
version 4.1.2
20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-46)) #1 SMP Thu Sep 3 03:33:56 EDT 2009

2. PHP 5.1.6 (cli) (built: Apr 7 2009 08:00:04)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies
> by the way, from the request, we see here that the copyrights of the PHP Group and Zend stopped on 2006 for our 2009 versions.

3. Mail from mailman-2.1.9

The problem we have relates to emails. We do not receive properly the
HTML emails.

First : the sender name is not mentioned.
Second : the HTML content does not appear as there is a line added :

These problems appear when emails are sent to the addresses from
domains hosted on this new upgraded server.

When, we redirect emails to other email addresses : that works.

So, we played with the PHP code send_email function but that lead to
nothing. There might be somewhere a configuration info saying :
- allow the sender name to appear = yes
- allow the server not to add "Content-type: text/html;
charset=iso-8859-1" and "have the user view the HTML normally" = yes

Searching solutions did not lead to success.

This is so important to have fine HTML emails and we are addressing
our best regards for your help from your knowledge and experience to
that matter.

Cougloff

.............................. email general configuration from Plesk

General options
Maximum message size kilobytes
Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary
Enable message submission (will be enabled on all IP addresses)
Relay options
Relaying
open
closed
authorization is required:
POP3 lock time Min
SMTP
Webmail
Available Webmail clients None
Antivirus preferences
Used antivirus
None
Dr.Web
DomainKeys spam protection
Allow signing outgoing mail
Verify incoming mail
Switch on SPF spam protection
SPF checking mode
SPF local rules
SPF guess rules
SPF explanation text
Switch on spam protection based on DNS blackhole lists
DNS zones for DNSBL service
Separate entries with a semicolon, for example:
'sbl.spamhaus.org;zen.spamhaus.org'
Names for POP3/IMAP mail accounts

Use of short (webmaster) and full (webmaster(a)domain.com) POP3/IMAP
mail account names is allowed
Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names is allowed
* Required fields
OKOK

From: J.O. Aho on
Pseudonyme wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> Our manager decided to upgrade our server versions, and we are
> rewriting a master piece of the files.

Sadly they didn't do that earlier.

> 3. Mail from mailman-2.1.9

Maybe you should update to a newer version? 2.1.13 has been out since 22nd of
December.

> So, we played with the PHP code send_email function but that lead to
> nothing. There might be somewhere a configuration info saying :
> - allow the sender name to appear = yes
> - allow the server not to add "Content-type: text/html;
> charset=iso-8859-1" and "have the user view the HTML normally" = yes
>
> Searching solutions did not lead to success.

Why not join the mail list and ask the questions about how to configure to get
things to work properly?

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/lists.html

There are far more people there who use mailman and of course you have access
to the developers there too.

> This is so important to have fine HTML emails and we are addressing
> our best regards for your help from your knowledge and experience to
> that matter.

Personally, I spam value HTML mails a lot higher than other mail and I alwys
select to get plain text mails if possible to choose.

--

//Aho
From: Pseudonyme on

Thanks very much, we will go to the GNU organization from the man of
the Mail, Mailman, also, enjoying the nice poems from Barry Warsaw,
and some of his little songs as well, before having operating answers,
and proven solutions.

Cougloff