From: nilarya talukdar on
Hi, I am facing the exact similar error. Prior to hosting the app I did the following:
Copied the DLLs to bin folder.
Added <trust level="Full" /> to Web.config
Set connectionString as follows: <connectionStrings><remove name="LocalSqlServer" />
<add name="LocalSqlServer" connectionString="Data Source=<SQLSERVER>;Integrated Security=false;Initial Catalog=<DB>;User ID=<USERID>;Password=<PASSWORD>" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient" /> </connectionStrings>
Authentication <authentication mode="Forms" />
ASP Setting <serviceHostingEnvironment aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" />

Now when I have hosted the application on a server I am geting this Load operation failed for query 'GetUser' error.
On fiddler i can see a HTTP/1.1 500 System.ServiceModel.ServiceActivationException generating at response headers.
I have configured IIS on my machine and hosted the application there. I see the same error. But in my local machine fiddler shows a 404 not Found error at response headers. It also tells me the error occured while trying to access the AuthenticationService.svc/binary file.
Let me give an overview of my application structure.
I am using an ASP.net membership provider to handle custom user validating logic against my Database. and I have not done anything on my autogenerated AuthenticationService service. in my VS environment, everything is working perfectly. What I am doing wrong?
Please help.

> On Thursday, March 25, 2010 12:53 PM Gerhard wrote:

> I have a Silverlight Business Application that runs fine in my development
> environment, but in IIS I get a Load operation failed for query GetUser error
> with details:
>
> at System.Windows.Ria.OperationBase.InvokeCompleteAction()
> at System.Windows.Ria.OperationBase.Complete(Exception error)
> at System.Windows.Ria.LoadOperation.Complete(Exception error)
> at System.Windows.Ria.DomainContext.CompleteLoad(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
> at
> System.Windows.Ria.DomainContext.<>c__DisplayClass17.<Load>b__13(Object )
>
> This is on the same machine that the development is done on.
>
> I set all except basic system references to Copy Local. I published using
> copy all project files. Still get this error.
>
> I am on a Windows 2003 Server with all updates run on it.
>
> How can I fix it to run through IIS?
>
> Thanks.

>> On Thursday, March 25, 2010 2:38 PM Andy O'Neill wrote:

>> You can probably get more info on the error using fiddler.
>> I would guess your problem lies in configuration of IIS.

>>> On Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:55 PM Gerhard wrote:

>>> In my case, it resolved with making the server admin that the Application
>>> Pool was using and admin on SQL Server also. Doesn't make a lot of sense,
>>> but it worked.

Pages: 1
Prev: ADD Feature to a Gridview
Next: Missed some part..