From: shapper on
Hello,

I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server.

This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server
to allow remote connections.

What service should I use the the SQL Server?

Local Service, Local System or Network Service?

Thank You,

Miguel
From: Erland Sommarskog on
shapper (mdmoura(a)gmail.com) writes:
> I am hosting a web site on IIS 7.5 in a Windows 2008 server.
>
> This web site requires an SQL Database so I configured the SQL Server
> to allow remote connections.
>
> What service should I use the the SQL Server?
>
> Local Service, Local System or Network Service?

Preferrably a domain account. Just create an account in Windows, and then
set this as the service account from SQL Server Configuration Manager,
and it will arrange for all required Windows permission for the account.

Links for SQL Server Books Online:

Pages: 1
Prev: db backups and time outs
Next: single user mode