From: Jacqueline on
I have a split database. I am the only one that is suposed to make
modifications, however there is a person with same access and privildge that
I have that thinks they need to change and or modify my reports or forms from
time to time.

Is there a way to lock a form and report from allowing modifications to
design?

Thank you,
Jacqueline
From: John W. Vinson on
On Thu, 21 Jan 2010 08:42:01 -0800, Jacqueline
<Jacqueline(a)discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a split database. I am the only one that is suposed to make
>modifications, however there is a person with same access and privildge that
>I have that thinks they need to change and or modify my reports or forms from
>time to time.
>
>Is there a way to lock a form and report from allowing modifications to
>design?
>
>Thank you,
>Jacqueline

Create a .mde file from the frontend. Give them the .mde and keep the .mdb in
a safe place (a CD locked in your desk drawer if need be!)

They won't be able to make design changes in the .mde.

Alternatively, give them their own .mdb frontend and let them make whatever
changes they want, at their own risk; keep the "official" .mdb for everyone
else.

--

John W. Vinson [MVP]

Pages: 1