From: Avid Fan on

OK I am writing a program for a friend of mine as a favour.

Her boss has dramatically increased her and coworkers reporting
requirements without giving them any tools to do the job.

This is my first Access Program.

I want to lock down my code and prevent editing of the forms.

What is the easiest way to do this?

From: Daniel Pineault on
Depending on the version of MS Access you are working with, convert it to an
mde or accde and distribute that. You retain the original mdb,accdb.... and
then get a compiled version that they cannot edit.
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

From: Avid Fan on
On 2/04/2010 11:56 PM, Daniel Pineault wrote:
> Depending on the version of MS Access you are working with, convert it to an
> mde or accde and distribute that. You retain the original mdb,accdb.... and
> then get a compiled version that they cannot edit.

Thanks I am writing a 2003 Access database with 2007

I have tried to create a mde but I get this error. The program is small
there is no way I am even close to the limits.

This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an
MDE file. Because of the method used to compile the database, a
considerable number of TableID references are created for each table.
The Access database engine can only create a maximum of 2048 open
TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can
exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table,
macro, form, report, etc).
There is no accurate method to estimate the number of TableIDs the
Access database engine uses during the process of compiling a database
as an MDE. However, each VBA module and each form uses one TableID, as
a result, if the database has 500 forms, and each form's HasModule
property is set to Yes, as many as 1,000 TableIDs are used.