From: Jack Bender on
I have created a report that uses a data source that is using Windows
Authentication (Integrated Security). Reporting Services is configured and
running on RSServer which is running under a domain admin account called
SQLAdmin. Anonymous authentication is turned off and only Windows
Authentication is turned on under directory security for the Reports and
ReportsServer virtual directories on the Report Server under IIS.

The SQL Services are also running on this machine with the same domain
account of SQLAdmin. The reports are based on data from another server
called DYNAMICS and it is also running SQL Services under the same domain
account of SQLAdmin. The funny thing is that the reports do not run if I am
logged in as myself or another regular user. I have Domain Admin credentials
and dbowner permissions on the databases on DYNAMICS. However, if I log into
windows as the SQLAdmin or the DOMAIN\ADMINISTRATOR account, I can view the
reports.

The same happens if I just try to run a report on the Pubs database on
DYNAMICS. However, if I switch the Pubs data source to point to the RSServer
Pubs database which is on the same server as the SRS db and website, the
report runs when I am logged into windows under my account. It seems like
RSServer and DYNAMICS are having issues passing my network credentials.

Has anyone seen this before?
From: Jack Bender on
Issue resolved.

The SRS was connecting to the reportserver db via SQL instead of Windows on
the RSServer. Using rsconfig, I was able to resolve the issue and set SRS to
connect to the reportserver db using a windows login...

rsconfig -c -s<yourservername> -dreportserver -awindows -u<username>
-p<password>

For more tags, go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/?url=/library/en-us/rsuiref/htm/cpu_rsconfig_v1_5f1e.asp