From: Lance Wynn on
I am trying to install an asp.net app onto a windows 2008 server, pointing
at a remote sql2005 database, and I am getting the subject error.

I have anonymous access enabled in iis, with the anonymous user being a
domain user (domain\someuser)

The odd thing is that the user in the error is not actually a user, but the
domain\SERVERNAME$

Can someone tell me what I am missing here? I got this working in about 2
minutes on XP, and never saw any hint of a problem. Yet I've been beating
my head against this for 3 hours now. I can barely see through the blood...

The connectionstring looks like this: "Data Source=SQLSERVER;Initial
Catalog=DATABASENAME;Integrated Security=True

Thanks for any insight.

From: Norman Yuan on
That is the ServerName\Network Service account being seen from the other
computer (then SQL Server box), because your ASPNET app runs under the
Network Service account of the IIS server ("ServerName").

From: Lance Wynn on
Thanks Norman,
I got it working!

Lance