From: Terry Pinnell on
I simplistically assumed that when I accessed one of my regular forums via my
HTC Touch Pro 2 (under WM 6.1) that I would be automatically logged in, just
as I am on my desktop PC. But that didn't happen. Nor could I even access the
login links. Must I register again with all my 10 or so forums?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
From: Frankster on

"Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE(a)THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
>I simplistically assumed that when I accessed one of my regular forums via
>my
> HTC Touch Pro 2 (under WM 6.1) that I would be automatically logged in,
> just
> as I am on my desktop PC. But that didn't happen. Nor could I even access
> the
> login links. Must I register again with all my 10 or so forums?
>
> --
> Terry, East Grinstead, UK

I use my HTC Touch Pro2 all the time for forums. And... it remembers me.
However, most systems have a little check box that sais something like
"Remember Me". That needs to be checked the first time. Also, this box can
be very hard to see on the small screen. Enlarge it if you need to.

Also, I've found that Opera works a lot better for posting than IE.

-Frank

From: Sven on
Your logins are stored on your machine in the form of cookies (clear cookies
if you doubt this). Your Touch Pro will do the same, but you will need to
log-in the first time to set those cookies on the mobile device. Check the
remember me box. Would be the same if you got a laptop and accessed your
forums. You would have to 'store' your credentials the first time.

Not sure what you mean by "Nor could I even access the login links. " Do you
mean you couldn't get to the page, or you couldn't see the boxes that you
need to put in a username and password. If the latter, it means the browser
doesn't support the method the site uses to create the boxes. If you are
using IE, try Opera, or vice-versa. That is an unfortunate issue with mobile
browsers

From: Terry Pinnell on
"Sven" <sejohannsen(a)hotmail.com> wrote:

>Your logins are stored on your machine in the form of cookies (clear cookies
>if you doubt this). Your Touch Pro will do the same, but you will need to
>log-in the first time to set those cookies on the mobile device. Check the
>remember me box. Would be the same if you got a laptop and accessed your
>forums. You would have to 'store' your credentials the first time.
>
>Not sure what you mean by "Nor could I even access the login links. " Do you
>mean you couldn't get to the page, or you couldn't see the boxes that you
>need to put in a username and password. If the latter, it means the browser
>doesn't support the method the site uses to create the boxes. If you are
>using IE, try Opera, or vice-versa. That is an unfortunate issue with mobile
>browsers
>
>"Terry Pinnell" <terrypinDELETE(a)THESEdial.pipex.com> wrote in message
>> I simplistically assumed that when I accessed one of my regular forums via
>> my
>> HTC Touch Pro 2 (under WM 6.1) that I would be automatically logged in,
>> just
>> as I am on my desktop PC. But that didn't happen. Nor could I even access
>> the
>> login links. Must I register again with all my 10 or so forums?
>>
>> --
>> Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Thanks both. I'll make a more methodical attack on this. I was/am a bit
nervous about registering again using same username and password as I use on
my PC, in case that somehow screwed up PC access.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
From: "Werner "Menneisyys" Ruotsalainen" on
When registering into forums, you can use any username/password pair.
Actually, it's not recommended at all to use the same pair on a public
forum - anyone catching the password can attack your machine (assuming
it's not NAT'ed / behind a firewall).