From: Shef on
Hey Guys! Anyone know where I can find some documentation for using
HTTP verbs in ruby? (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE). I'd tried digging
through the documentation for curb & httparty, but they were a tad to
terse or the examples didn't cover all the bases for me as I'm pretty
new to the language. Anyone know where I can find a few examples. I'm
looking to dig into the google api's with ruby.

Thanks in advance!
From: Jonathan Nielsen on

> Hey Guys! Anyone know where I can find some documentation for using
> HTTP verbs in ruby? (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE). I'd tried digging
> through the documentation for curb & httparty, but they were a tad to
> terse or the examples didn't cover all the bases for me as I'm pretty
> new to the language. Anyone know where I can find a few examples. I'm
> looking to dig into the google api's with ruby.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Check out Net::HTTP in the stdlib. It's pretty straightforward with
sending those verbs around, and the docs are pretty good.

http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Net/HTTP.html

-Jonathan Nielsen

From: Shef on
On Jun 15, 5:23 pm, Jonathan Nielsen <jonat...(a)jmnet.us> wrote:
> [Note:  parts of this message were removed to make it a legal post.]
>

> > Hey Guys! Anyone know where I can find some documentation for using
> > HTTP verbs in ruby? (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE). I'd tried digging
> > through the documentation for curb & httparty, but they were a tad to
> > terse or the examples didn't cover all the bases for me as I'm pretty
> > new to the language. Anyone know where I can find a few examples. I'm
> > looking to dig into the google api's with ruby.
>
> > Thanks in advance!
>
> > Check out Net::HTTP in the stdlib.  It's pretty straightforward with
>
> sending those verbs around, and the docs are pretty good.
>
> http://ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Net/HTTP.html
>
> -Jonathan Nielsen

Awesome, thanks for the fast response!
From: Alex Stahl on
I've recently gone through the same exercise... found the Net::HTTP
library worked well for my needs:

http://www.ensta.fr/~diam/ruby/online/ruby-doc-stdlib/libdoc/net/http/rdoc/classes/Net/HTTP.html