From: David Wolfskill on
I rebuilt the installed ports on my build machine under stable/8
yesterday (as there are no other machinies for which it builds that run
stable/7 any more).

No surprises when I updated local mirrors overnight or built today's
stable/8.

But then I rebooted under head (different slice), and found that
screen(1) needed libutil.so.8, and sudo(1) need both that and libz.so.5.

I copied the requisite libraries to /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg from the
stable/8 slice, and so far, things appear back to normal.

I expect that a "real" compat8x port might need a few more libraries --
my build machine has a rather small number of installed ports....

Peace,
david
--
David H. Wolfskill david(a)catwhisker.org
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

From: Ade Lovett on

On Aug 10, 2010, at 07:20 , David Wolfskill wrote:
> I expect that a "real" compat8x port might need a few more libraries --
> my build machine has a rather small number of installed ports....

If I'm not mistaken, a compat8x port would only likely be created during the RC process of 9.0 - ie: when it is known which libraries are needed in terms of having a different shlib rev.

All the while it's merely 9-CURRENT, folks are expected to handle building of their own ports (or pull packages from the usual places) -- another artefact of "it's -current, deal with it" (or words to that effect).

-aDe