From: Lars Brownies on
I know I shouldn't use lookupfields in tables. But does that also accounts
for when you create a lookup in a field's table from a 'list of values'? For
instance I want to create a lookup field for the field gender with values
"M" and "F".

Thanks, Lars

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
Do it in a value list in a combo box in your form.

Users should NEVER see tables.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

From: Lars Brownies on
> Users should NEVER see tables.

I agree, but that was not my point. If you set the value list lookup in the
table, the combo automatically appears whenever you put the field on any
form.

Lars

From: Arvin Meyer [MVP] on
It takes less than a minute to add a combobox to a form. If you had 20 or 30
or more based on this field you might have a point. Five years from now, you
or your successor will spend more than 20 minutes fixing things because it
isn't clear how you've done it. That said, classically a table is used to
store data, and maintain its integrity. How does this accomplish either of
those goals?

From: Lars Brownies on
I missed that point. Thanks for explanation.

>>> http://www.accessmvp.com