From: lightbulb on
I'm trying to create a formula that will lookup the what is in column G in
column B of another sheet. If what is in column G is in column B of the
other sheet, the word NEW is returned, otherwise the cell is left blank ("").
Any help?

Thanks!
From: Max on
One grasp, and a way to have it done ...
In Sheet2,
Assuming data in B2 down
you could place this in C2: =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!G:G,B2),"New","")
and copy it down to return the required results. Success? hit the YES below
--
Max
Singapore

From: lightbulb on
This did not work. I want it to say new in column W of sheet 2 if G9 on
sheet 2 appears anywhere in column B on sheet 1. More help?

From: Max on
In Sheet2,
In say, W9: =IF(COUNTIF(Sheet1!B:B,G9),"New","")
That should do it ok. Success? hit the YES below, let me know
--
Max
Singapore