From: chris on
Hi, I bought a new HP50G and I tried everything but I can't rid of the
low-bat warning. I tried new alkaline AAA and new Ni-Mh 800mAh
CycleEnergy from Sony and still showing the message. I reseted it
using a clip+reset button, ON+F3, ON+F1+F6. I have ROM 2.08 and I will
update it to 2.15. Is it a hardware problem or software? I also
installed the Batmon and Bat Status programs but they don't work well,
Bat Status tell me that it is connected to USB port when actually it
is unplugged. When it is plugged to USB port, the low bat warning
disappear. Any suggestion?
From: Raymond Del Tondo on
Hi,

IIRC early 50g units have the "low spring force" problem.
That is, one of the battery springs doesn't apply enough
force to one of the batt poles to make a secure contact,
hence the low battery warning.

So check the metal contacts, a slight adjustment
may solve the problem.

Apart from that, upgrade to the latest ROM,
since the older ones are buggier;-)

HTH

Raymond

From: clintb on
On Sep 12, 6:51 pm, "Raymond Del Tondo" <Ih8...(a)nowhere.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> IIRC early 50g units have the "low spring force" problem.
> That is, one of the battery springs doesn't apply enough
> force to one of the batt poles to make a secure contact,
> hence the low battery warning.
>
> So check the metal contacts, a slight adjustment
> may solve the problem.
>
> Apart from that, upgrade to the latest ROM,
> since the older ones are buggier;-)
>
> HTH
>
> Raymond

Not to hijack this thread, but which ROM is recommended? I have 2.15
because it's the latest, but might not be the greatest. There is,
apparently a bug that 2.09 does not have.

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/4773e9eb627ff523#

From: Raymond Del Tondo on
"clintb" <clintb.forums(a)gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

>Not to hijack this thread, but which ROM is recommended?
>I have 2.15 because it's the latest, but might not be the greatest.
>There is, apparently a bug that 2.09 does not have.
>
>http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp48/browse_thread/thread/4773e9eb627ff523#

That's perfectly possible. I forgot that in the 49/50 line,
bugs sometimes tend to get replaced by other bugs;-)

From: The Translucent Amoebae on
On Sep 12, 4:11 pm, chris <cu.alva...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I bought a new HP50G and I tried everything but I can't rid of the
> low-bat warning. I tried new alkaline AAA and new Ni-Mh 800mAh
> CycleEnergy from Sony and still showing the message. I reseted it
> using a clip+reset button, ON+F3, ON+F1+F6. I have ROM 2.08 and I will
> update it to 2.15. Is it a hardware problem or software? I also
> installed the Batmon and Bat Status programs but they don't work well,
> Bat Status tell me that it is connected to USB port when actually it
> is unplugged. When it is plugged to USB port, the low bat warning
> disappear. Any suggestion?

my first thought was: are these batteries that you're using,
Rechargeables?
Rechargeable batteries don't have the same voltage output as 'real'
batteries...?
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: HP 50g and SD cards