From: siljaline on
Announcement thread >
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3283&pid=177465&st=20&#entry177465>

Some confusion regarding the new release hopefully clarified >
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34991>

Silj

- Neil Stephenson, _Cryptonomicon_

From: Cronos on
siljaline wrote:
> Announcement thread >
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3283&pid=177465&st=20&#entry177465>
>
> Some confusion regarding the new release hopefully clarified >
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34991>
>
> Silj

Why do people even bother to download it from the website when if you
already have 1.42 you run the updater and it updates itself to 1.43?
From: siljaline on
Cronos wrote:
> Why do people even bother to download it from the website when if you
> already have 1.42 you run the updater and it updates itself to 1.43?

Initially the go fetch via the app didn't work
<http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34997&st=0&p=177664&#entry177664>

Want a fresh install ?
<http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1>
(This link appears to be shareware only - you decide)

<http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html>

From: Dustin Cook on
"siljaline" <spam(a)uce.gov> wrote in

> Cronos wrote:
>> Why do people even bother to download it from the website when if you
>> already have 1.42 you run the updater and it updates itself to 1.43?
>
> Initially the go fetch via the app didn't work
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34997&st=0&p=17
> 7664&#entry177664>
>
> Want a fresh install ?
> <http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/11867600
> 19/1> (This link appears to be shareware only - you decide)
>
> <http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-1080457
> 2.html>
>
> Silj

There is no such thing as a shareware version of Malwarebytes. It's always
been free for non commercial home use; The only difference between the paid
and free "versions" is the IP blocking and protection module features. If
you want those, we kindly ask you pay for them. Otherwise, use the program
as much as you like, for free; no trial, no time limits, no nag screens. No
"shareware".

--
.... Those are my thoughts anyways...

From: Cronos on
siljaline wrote:

> Initially the go fetch via the app didn't work
> <http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=34997&st=0&p=177664&#entry177664>
>
> Want a fresh install ?
> <http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Malwarebytes-AntiMalware/1186760019/1>
> (This link appears to be shareware only - you decide)
>
> <http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html>
>
> Silj

It's ok as mine updated itself to 1.43 fine. I'm using the free version
though.