From: kakii on

XP Pro SP3

From: PA Bear [MS MVP] on
When installing updates using Windows update or Microsoft Update you may
receive Error 0x643 or 0x80070643 (23 Oct-09)
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/976982

=====================

Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework
versions are currently installed:

How to determine which versions of the .NET Framework are installed and
whether service packs have been applied
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318785

Step #2 => Now see Resolution Method 2 in this related KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100

After running the .NET Framework Cleanup Tool, reinstall all .NET Framework
versions (but only the ones you wrote down in #1 above) manually using the
download links on the page then run Windows Update manually to install
security updates for same.

NB: If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1) using the tool, reinstalling .NET
Framework 3.5 will also install .Net Framework 2.0 SP2 and 3.0 SP2; then
Windows Update will offer .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.

IMPORTANT! => If you remove .NET Framework 3.5 (SP1), reinstall your .NET
Framework versions in the following order:

1. .Net Framework 3.5, then...
2. .Net Framework 1.1, then...
3. .Net Framework 1.1 SP1

NB: KB923100 references this page:
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/archive/2006/05/30/611355.aspx. Please read
ALL of it as well as the related page
http://blogs.msdn.com/astebner/pages/8904493.aspx before using the .NET
Framework Cleanup Tool.

Step #3 => Check-in at Windows Update and install any critical security
updates offered.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

From: Ottmar Freudenberger on
"kakii" <user(a)domain.co> schrieb:

> > kakii wrote:
> > > MBSA claims following rollup or service pack is missing on this
> > > machine
> > > KB 951847 - something like .net 3.5sp1 and .net 3.5 update
> > > Also the Microsoft Update is claiming
> > > KB 951847 is missing
> > >
> > > I'm sure the .NET component is not installed on this system.
> > > How get I rich from these notifications?
> > > .NET-free windows-based PC is

As I've written in Message-ID: <7oe21dF3plakjU1(a)mid.individual.net>:

MBSA is on error regarding that one. MS knows about the issue since at
least June 2009.

Bye,
Freudi