From: Avid Fan on
Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run?

Do they need to be installed into the registry?

Do they need other files to run?

Thanks
From: Stefan Hoffmann on
hi Avid,

On 07.04.2010 11:23, Avid Fan wrote:
> Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run?
Yes. Or at least the Access runtime.

> Do they need to be installed into the registry?
No.

> Do they need other files to run?
Depends on the file itself as it may reference others.

A *.mde is the same as a *.mdb without code in source. So it contains
only the compiled code of forms, reports or modules. Thus you cannot
modify these objects.

mfG
--> stefan <--
From: Avid Fan on
On 7/04/2010 7:27 PM, Stefan Hoffmann wrote:
> hi Avid,
>
> On 07.04.2010 11:23, Avid Fan wrote:
>> Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run?
> Yes. Or at least the Access runtime.
>
>> Do they need to be installed into the registry?
> No.
>

>> Do they need other files to run?
> Depends on the file itself as it may reference others.
>
> A *.mde is the same as a *.mdb without code in source. So it contains
> only the compiled code of forms, reports or modules. Thus you cannot
> modify these objects.
>

> mfG
> --> stefan <--

Thanks for your quick reply. Access 2007 is supposed to come with
free runtimes. Do you know where I find them?
From: Marco Pagliero on

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=d9ae78d9-9dc6-4b38-9fa6-2c745a175aed&displaylang=en

From: Daniel Pineault on
If you do a google search for ms access 2007 runtime the first link is MS
download center where you can download it from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d9ae78d9-9dc6-4b38-9fa6-2c745a175aed&displaylang=en
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

"Avid Fan" wrote:

> On 7/04/2010 7:27 PM, Stefan Hoffmann wrote:
> > hi Avid,
> >
> > On 07.04.2010 11:23, Avid Fan wrote:
> >> Do they require Access installed on the host machine to run?
> > Yes. Or at least the Access runtime.
> >
> >> Do they need to be installed into the registry?
> > No.
> >

> >> Do they need other files to run?
> > Depends on the file itself as it may reference others.
> >
> > A *.mde is the same as a *.mdb without code in source. So it contains
> > only the compiled code of forms, reports or modules. Thus you cannot
> > modify these objects.
> >

> > mfG
> > --> stefan <--
>
> Thanks for your quick reply. Access 2007 is supposed to come with
> free runtimes. Do you know where I find them?
> .

Pages: 1
Prev: Allow blanks in Prompt
Next: test