From: Dimitrios Karapiperis on
Hi
When someone sends an e-mail to multiple recipients and requests read
receipt
the MDN mechanism works fine but on the receipt message itself, the
sender receives that
recipient1(a)domain.tld, recipient2(a)domain.tld have read the message
without knowing who exactly is the reader; recipent1 or recipient2;

Is there anyting he/she can do to receive the exact reader and not the
ambigous that both did it. (2 mails ,as many are the recipients)

I think that the MDN headers are inserted by the client.and postfix has
little or no impact on the whole porcess.

Dimitrios Karapiperis

From: Wietse Venema on
Dimitrios Karapiperis:
> Hi
> When someone sends an e-mail to multiple recipients and requests
> read receipt the MDN mechanism works fine but on the receipt
> message itself, the sender receives that recipient1(a)domain.tld,
> recipient2(a)domain.tld have read the message without knowing who
> exactly is the reader; recipent1 or recipient2;

Postfix does not send "mail read" notifications.

Wietse

From: =?UTF-8?B?zpTOt868zq7PhM+BzrnOv8+CIM6azrHPgc6xz4DOuc+Azq3Pgc63z4I=?= on
O/H Wietse Venema έγραψε:
> Dimitrios Karapiperis:
>
>> Hi
>> When someone sends an e-mail to multiple recipients and requests
>> read receipt the MDN mechanism works fine but on the receipt
>> message itself, the sender receives that recipient1(a)domain.tld,
>> recipient2(a)domain.tld have read the message without knowing who
>> exactly is the reader; recipent1 or recipient2;
>>

> Postfix does not send "mail read" notifications.
>
> Wietse

Hi Wietse

You mean that these notifications are not part of the Postfix System?

Any ideas about these notifications?
Just send an e-mail to rec1(a)domain.tld,rec2(a)domain.tld with read receipts.

Check then the receipts.

Thanks in adavnce
Dimitrios

From: Victor Duchovni on
On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 05:41:24PM +0200, ?????????????????? ?????????????????????? wrote:

>> Postfix does not send "mail read" notifications.
>
> You mean that these notifications are not part of the Postfix System?

They can't be. Postfix is a doctor not escalator (oops an MTA not a mail
client). Since you are discussing *read* notifications, and messages are
read by MUAs long after they are delivered into a mail store by the MTA,
the MTA is not involved in read notifications. It is clear that read
notices are sent (optionally) by the MUA that displays the message to
the user, Postfix may convey such messages to the recipient, but it
is not responsible for their content.

--
Viktor.

From: =?UTF-8?B?zpTOt868zq7PhM+BzrnOv8+CIM6azrHPgc6xz4DOuc+Azq3Pgc63z4I=?= on
O/H Victor Duchovni έγραψε:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 05:41:24PM +0200, ?????????????????? ?????????????????????? wrote:
>

>>> Postfix does not send "mail read" notifications.
>>>
>> You mean that these notifications are not part of the Postfix System?
>>

> They can't be. Postfix is a doctor not escalator (oops an MTA not a mail
> client). Since you are discussing *read* notifications, and messages are
> read by MUAs long after they are delivered into a mail store by the MTA,
> the MTA is not involved in read notifications. It is clear that read
> notices are sent (optionally) by the MUA that displays the message to
> the user, Postfix may convey such messages to the recipient, but it
> is not responsible for their content.

So these messages are "produced" by the MUA and only the MUA who is
compleltely responsible about the format
of the messages.

right?